The course aims to:
- provide governors with a range of ideas about how they can involve stakeholders
- enable participants to share their experiences in communicating with stakeholders
- consider how working with members of the school community can contribute to school improvement
- discuss ways in which the Governing Body can be visible to the school community
- contribute to a plan for the Governing Body to develop its work with stakeholders
All Governing Bodies are accountable to stakeholders so this session will be important for all governors to review and consider how effectively they communicate and work with parents, staff, children and young people and the wider community.